Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

Cybersmart Challenge 23: Scams and Phishing

Kia ora in Te Ngahere we did the Manaiakalani Cybersmart Scams or Phishing DLO. We had to watch the video first from the Manaiakalani blog, next we made a copy of the doc, then we had to see if they were scamming or phishing and write why. We were looking at a photo,  email or a pop up and to see if they were legit or fake. Some ways to keep yourself safe when these things happen is tell your whanau, your teachers or don’t even open it. You can also go on social media to see if anyone sells free PS5’s. Scamming is when someone is trying to rip you off, lying to you and giving you back nothing. For example: you give them 5 dollars and they say they will repay you but they don’t. Phishing is when someone tries to get all your personal information such as emails, passwords, phone numbers, card numbers, date of birth, full name and more. I learnt what phishing means and how to tell if someone is scamming or phishing you. For example: you got an email and someone was giving away free PS5 and you had to look at the picture and find the clues to see if it was legit or fake. 

Have you done this challenge yet?

I will embed my DLO


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jaelyn its me Amber from your class! I really enjoyed reading your blog about the activity we did. I really liked how you added your DLO to your blog it makes it more interesting to look at it. I really enjoyed learning about scams and phishing because now I know when Im getting scammed or people are phishing me. Have you ever gotten scammed or phished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber thanks for commenting on my blog.My answer for your question would be no. Bye Amber

    ReplyDelete