Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Exploring The Room of Marble Ramps

Kia ora bloggers last week in Te Ngahere we did a challenge called The Great Marble Challenge.

We did this challenge because the science fair is coming up and we were learning this to learn

the steps of the scientific method. The people I chose to do this challenge with was Jorjah &

Kahsius. The materials my group and I used was cardboard, building blocks and tape. The steps

for the scientific method is: Step 1. Ask a question, Step 2. observe and gather data, Step 3. Make

a hypothesis (guess), Step 4. Test your hypothesis, Step 5. Analyze your results, Step 6. Modify your

hypothesis if needed, Step 7. Present a conclusion & Step 8. Retest.  I really enjoyed this challenge because it was a fun challenge to do and my group and I worked well together. Here are a few things

I learnt, if your marble ramp is steep than it will go further than you want it to go. I also learnt that

when your ramp is a little bit off the ground than it will have a higher chance of getting points and

you will be on the leaderboard. The day we were testing all the ramps my group and I tested Shay,

Brooklyn, Angus & Alexander’s ramp. The people who tested our ramp were Savitri, Jade O and Ashlyn.

Would you like to do a challenge like this? 

Bye!

Here is our ramp


No comments:

Post a Comment