Pages

Monday, August 9, 2021

The Shrinking Island!

Kia ora, in Te Ngahere on the first day of term 3 we had a fun start to the

day by doing a challenge from  taskmaster. The challenge was called Shrinking

island and you had to get  into groups of 4 or 5. Each group had to get a piece

newspaper for our shrinking island. Before we started this challenge we had 5

minutes to think of our strategy for each round so we can complete to the next

round and we had to stay on the island for 5 seconds. To do this challenge all of

our group had to stand on the newspaper when the timer started we had to try

not to touch the ground so we could move onto the next round. Each round we

stood on the newspaper and asked the teacher to count to five seconds so we

could pass that round. If we fell off the island and the teacher hasn't finished

counting to 5 then we are out. If we didn’t pass the round then we would have

to just sit and watch the other teams do the next round. When everybody had

been checked by the teachers and  had stood on their  island for 5 seconds they

  had to  fold the fgv newspaper in half and all of your group has to stand on the

island. The group who can get their newspaper the smallest wins. My group was

Charlize, Anika, Alana and I. The first round my group and I made it up to round 3

or 4. The teacher confirmed to my sister Angela’s group that they had won. Then

the teachers decided to do another round but with 3 people in a group. Everyone

did the same thing just with 3 people in their group. For take 2 my new group

was Charlize, Mahana & I. I am so happy because my group and I made it to

the final round, in the final round there was three other teams left and we

were so close but none of the four teams made it. I like this challenge because

it was very fun enjoying it with your team and especially on the first day back

to school. I also like this because this challenge really made my group and I think

about our strategy for that round. 

Have you ever done a taskmaster challenge like this before?


That's my group and I, i'm the one with the black jacket!


No comments:

Post a Comment