Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

The World of Amazing Marble Ramps

Kia ora, on the last day of term 2 we did the Great Marble Challenge take 2. We did this challenge because we wanted people to have another chance to beat their old score and to get ready for the science fair to learn about variables. We were aloud to make another ramp if we wanted to or just modify (change) our ramp.

 

My group and I decided to modify our ramp instead of building a new ramp. The first time I did the marble ramp challenge I thought that the design we had for our marble ramp was pretty good because we tested the ramp and it got pretty close to 5 points (110cm). For the marble challenge take 1 we came second place with 24 points and for the marble challenge take 2 we didn’t come in the leaderboard and I can’t remember our points. I think that my group and I didn’t improve because we didn’t get as much points as last time  and our ramp was loose but it’s okay because we tried. What I enjoyed the most was that on the last day of term 2 my mum was there and she got to see my sisters ramp and my ramp  getting tested. I enjoyed it because my group and I got 5 points for one of the rolls.

Have you done a challenge like this before?









4 comments:

  1. Hi Jaelyn - Marie, Ken here from Ahipara school. I enjoyed your post a lot. No I have not done the marble challenge. Maybe you could put some more photos on your post. Ka pai keep up the good mahi. Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jaelyn-marie I really liked you talking about your The World of Amazing Marble Ramps. It sounded very cool, maybe next time you can check your spelling. Blog ya later! From Ahi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Jaelyn, my name is Dylan from Ahipara school. I enjoyed reading your post about the world of amazing marble ramps, it looks like you had fun. Maybe next time you could add a reflection to say what you found hard and what you found easy. Anyway keep up the great work, blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Jaelyn-Marie, I'm Samantha. I really liked you blog post about marble run's. To answer your question yes I have done a marble run before. Maybe next time you could add who your buddy was. See ya later!

    ReplyDelete