Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Four Shot Movie Making

Kia ora, in Te Ngahere we have been making four shot movies to help us with our real movie.

We got to choose what it was about and we had to include four shots establishing shot, long

distance, mid shot and close up. If you are wondering what each shot is establishing shot is

where the movie will take place, long distance is introducing your character for the first time,

mid shot shows you more information and detail about your character and close up is what

the character is doing or holding. For mid shot I don’t think we did it properly because we

didn’t really get the meaning of it because it’s supposed to show half of your characters

body but we showed the characters whole body. What I think my group did well was we

filmed establishing shot, long distance and close up really well but not mid shot. What we

could have done better was filmed our mid shot how you are actually supposed to film it.

How this four shot movie has helped me to make my proper movie is that I know what

shots are good for each scene of your movie and I know what these shots are. I learnt

what these four shots are, what they mean and how to film a movie. 

Have you done a four shot movie before?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaelyn-marie, I hope you and your whanau are well during this lockdown. I liked your 4 shot movie because I easily understood what you were trying to show with your 4 shots. I also liked your honest reflection, this will definitely help you when you do your real movie. What has been your favourite thing to do during lockdown?

    ReplyDelete