Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

The Celebration Of Shivam's 10th Birthday

In Te Ngahere we went to Greens Indian Cuisine in Paihia because it

was Shivams birthday. Shivams parents own the restaurant so we all

got to eat for free. We were celebrating his 10th birthday with the

whole class, the teachers, the amazing cooks and his family. When

we were settled in for lunch we said our karakia and then got given

our food. We had butter chicken with rice and garlic naan bread.

When I tasted the butter chicken it was so nice and delicious that I

wanted more. It was so generous and kind of them to invite us to their

restaurant. When we all finished our food two of my classmates Angela

(my sister) and Jade said a mihi for the whole class and gave Shivam a

card. Just before we left we asked everyone to come to the front of the

restaurant so we could do a performance and show how grateful and

happy we are. We did a few waiata and on the last waiata we sang with

all we’ve got to show how grateful we were. At the end they gave us all

a big easter egg to say happy easter and thanks for coming to celebrate

Shivam’s birthday. 

Have you been to the Greens Indian Cuisine before? 











1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaelyn-Marie my name is Jacinta-Lee and I go to Paihia School. I really liked your blog post because it was well detailed and it reminded me of my favourite food (butter chicken)! I like to go out to Greens as well. What was your favourite part?

    ReplyDelete