Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

The Scary Tsunami Evacuation

On Friday when my dad was dropping me and my sister off to school

we saw a big line so we thought that everybody was late. Then we were

about to go into school there was these wonderful people who told us that

there was a tsunami about to happen. It was very scary.


I was telling my dad come on daddy come on we have to go. I was so scared

that my older sister was like shhhhh (but then she got a little scared).

We didn’t go up the hill we went back home to tell my mum. As soon as

we told my mum we got some clothes and food, then we loaded the stuff and

went inland to my brothers house in Moerewa. When we got to my brothers

house I felt very safe because the tsunami had to get over all the hills. While my

family and I were waiting for the Tsunami to end we played some games had a

feed then a little rest and repeated that until they told us that the tsunami ended.

We waited four hours for the Tsunami to end.

Have you ever had to evacuate from a tsunami in school before or anywhere?


No comments:

Post a Comment