Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Can You Follow Directions?

In Te Ngahere for the first day we did a reading test that was called ‘’Can you follow directions?’’. First,

Whea Becks gave us the piece of paper with the directions on it and told us to get a pencil. We had four

minutes to do this reading test and it has 23 questions on it. By the time I was up to question 5 I was

thinking that I was doing everything right because everyone else was doing that. The funny thing was that everyone was saying i'm the master at following directions or saying their name out loudly. Then when we

got called down onto the mat that's when my sister Angela realized what the first step said, it said‘’read

everything carefully before doing anything’’ and not one of us in my class did that or passed the test. We

did this test to learn to read it carefully and read the whole thing not just little snips of it because when

we read little snips of it we think we got it but we actually don’t. The last question was Now that you have

finished reading this test you only have to do question one and two!. After that you can draw on the back

of the paper while waiting for everyone to finish. At the end when the teachers read us the last question

we were all like ohhhh. What I learnt from that test was to read the success criteria carefully and to read

the whole thing, now I’m going to try and do this in the future.


Has your class done a reading test like this before?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jaelyn my name is Anika and I am from your class. I really liked you post about: “Can You Follow Directions”. I really liked that you described what happened on the mat because if I was not there I would know exactly what happened. Yes, my class has done this before. In the future you could organize what we did in paragraphs.
    Do you enjoy reading tests like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaelyn-marie my name is Tiana and I am a year seven student in your class. I really like your blog post because you have a DLO of what instruction you had to follow. I have done this before and I also sit on your table. I also like how your photo is nice and clear. Something I also like about your blog post is that you have explained almost everything about what you had to do.
    Was it fun doing this activity?

    ReplyDelete